Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I had the flu this weekend and it was far from pleasant. Started on Thursday and lasted til Saturday with a rampant fever and sore throat. I woke up on Sunday finally feeling better, and my friend invited me to go on a hike with them. I was more than thrilled to tag along and finally get out of the house. First we had to get some food, and my friend Nick was excited to take us to his favorite little crab Shack. It was called Spud Point Crab Co. and it was delicious. The line was long, but I am always down to wait in line for food because I know that long line = amazing food. I got a crab sandwich that was very tasty. My friend got their famous clam chowder and I tried some, it was possibly the best clam chowder I've had. It was an amazing array of flavors and I think I tasted pesto in there which was a great touch. Definitely going back.
We went on the Bodega Head Nature Trail in Bodega Bay. It was a sunny, beautiful day with some wind but not as much as I expected. It was a nice walk along the the rugged coast.

We walked down the side of a cliff and explored a little beach. The hike down to the beach was a little sketchy and definitely needed to be approached with caution. The little beach was really nice and protected by the wind. We poked around some tide pools and hung out on the beach for a while.
We walked farther up the path and noticed people whale watching. They told us they had been seeing a whale pop up. After 5 minutes of watching we saw the whale come to the surface of the water. It was very exciting to see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment