Monday, October 21, 2013

Carmet Beach

It's been getting colder and colder everyday. It really bums me out, I am a cold blooded person and love sunshine. Saturday I awoke after getting the pleasure of sleeping in to a very hot sun. It seemed only logical to head to the beach on such a beautifully warm day.

As we drove further and further west the temperature dropped with every mile. Looking over the hills we saw what my friend Emma called the "fog monster" creeping over the peak. By the time we reached the Carmet beach we were surrounded by thick layer of heavy fog. We were slightly disappointed at the sight of the frigid beach but determined to make the most of it. We were at the beach and that alone was enough to keep us happy.

This is a really nice beach. This is a great beach for children or “adults” such as my friends and I with childlike tendencies. This beach is something out of Pirates of the Caribbean. I want to come back someday, fog or shine. I want to come with a bag of food and my wetsuit. Even though the water was 0 degrees there was still something inside me that was tempted to go in. We had a great time sitting in the sand with blankets , enjoying eachothers company and the scenery. There was a fair amount of other people at the beach but not enough to disturb us. Plus they had cute dogs so it was okay.

The girls I went with were pretty into rap so we mostly listened to rap on the beautiful drive. Some highlights include this Tyler the Creator song Jamba. I for some reason just really like Tyler. I think hes a talented rapper and just really hilarious. His interviews are ridiculous and addicting. Thurnis Haley, great character. Plus I have a weird crush on him so that doesn’t help. Anyways this songs dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment