Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Muir Beach

This past week I got the opportunity to explore more northern coastline I haven't seen yet. I did the beautiful drive through Mt. Tam and through the woods. Driving over Mt Tam is a beautiful drive. It's at times very windy and heavily wooded.

Muir beach is lovely. I couldn't help but envy all the people who own houses overlooking the beautiful beach. My friend and I hiked up a hill to the left of the beach (looking at the ocean). We walked up pretty far and rested for a while at a big rock and and looked at the beach and it's surrounding area. I'm not one who meditates but if I were to try, this would be the place. It was so peaceful and I found a perfect flat spot to sit on and view the breathtaking view and ponder life while the salty wind turned my nose pink. I definitely want to come back when it's a little warmer and less foggy. Maybe I'll go to watch the sunset, or to meditate or both!

I've been jamming to this song lately. I've always been a fan of bossa nova music, it's something that I always find myself coming back to no matter how my music tastes have changed. This song is perfection with its chill beat and Brazilian jazz vibe.








2 comments:

  1. Looks like time well spent. Interesting how the colors of the background on the blog bring out some of the subtle colors in your photos. I must have done something wrong in that I couldn't find a link on the page to the bossa nova tune you mentioned and it didn't play automatically, at least on this machine. Very artistic layout. Nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed the song link, thanks!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete