Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Postal Service Concert

This weekend I went and saw a band used to be one of my favorites, The Postal Service. I can't say that I listen to them much anymore but I love their music and still managed to remember the lyrics to most of the songs. The band is made up of the talented Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie, producer Jimmy Tamborello of Dntel and Headset, and Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley. The band got their name because they used to make their music. Tamborello would produce it then send it to Gibbard who would edit it and add vocals.

They have a really nice sound. I would say it's a kind of electro indie? I've always been bad at pinpointing what genre different music belongs to. It's mellow with awesome vocals and great lyrics .
The show was a lot of fun. I went with my parents, my best friend, and a few family friends. The music is pretty mellow and most people were just standing still, but our group was dancing, singing, laughing and having a grand ole time.

Their performance was on point, they were great performers. The set up they had on stage was really cool with led lights and bright changing colors and patterns.

I would see them again in a heartbeat!
Here's their most popular song, always a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment